Monday, November 29, 2021

Purpose

I’ve always known there is an emptiness or void that occupies my mind, but I’m starting to understand it. To say that it’s a lack of purpose sounds extreme, but it’s having a daily agenda or monthly goal…and something to accomplish within the next year. For the past 3 months I’ve been obsessed in working overtime to pay off debts; putting off exercise, social interaction, traveling, and simple pleasures that I use to enjoy.

As a student there are layers of being in school; social interaction, classes, starting and testing out of a class…

As a husband it’s joining together to build and develop a life together. Tackling ‘Honey-dos” and planning for the days ahead.

As a father it’s getting them to school, making lunches, doing homework, playing games, doing adventures, taking them to practice, arranging play days, watching, and supporting them in their activities and commitments.

I look forward to having health distractions…dating, restoring Lucky, traveling, home-keeping, etc.  

But for right now, I have to stay focused and get rid of this financial anchor.

No comments: