Friday, November 26, 2021

perspective

Yesterday was Thanksgiving, and I offered to work for a guy so he could spend time with his family, knowing I wasn't going to be with mine.  Mostly, I wanted to be occupied.

Something dawned on me with a weight that I hope has lasting effects.  Gratitude and offense/bitterness cannot occupy the same being.  Initially I was going to the same space, but that really isn't accurate.  There is a ruling factor in a person's personality...you are generally a person happy with what you have or you complain that someone else...does less, has more, yada, yada, yada...

I always thought I was a person who was more grateful, but I can see now I never have been.

As I look at my jobs, my circle of friends and family, arena of politics...my head usually states...what's wrong or unfair about what is on the side of the conversation rather than look at what I have.  

I'm pretty damn lucky!

I have parents that have always been able and willing.

I have siblings that are responsible, helpful, and contributors.

The friends I have in my circle are incredible in everyway.

I have a job that provides exceptional income, benefits and freedom.

I have physical health that gives me the freedom to be active as I want to be.

I have resources all around me that give me protection and mobility.

I have two kids that are free from real struggle, intelligent, and adjusted.

I have faith and knowledge that gives me direction and stability.

What I have focused on is not worth my time, energy, or mental health.  I want to purge them, but be aware of what my role is to affect them positively.

My work role, America's direction, relationship status, my social, career, and financial status.

Again, I'm lucky to have the life I do.

No comments: