Wednesday, November 17, 2021

loyalty vs honesty

Something I haven’t been able to understand, became clearer to me this evening. It’s not going to be easier to process, but I hope it will help me navigate down the road.

Everyone values different things, possibly mine is loyalty. In my last relationship, loyalty was not equal on both sides of our feelings. Loyalty for me is a growing, organic thing. For her, it wasn’t. Not to say that she doesn’t value it, but that we value it differently. In the same breath; honesty, humor, and directness was probably at the top of her list...and I struggle with the execution of those things. Not that I don’t value them, but labor with fear and disappointment to be better.

With this new revelation, I will not live-in fear, but be true…honest…direct…and laugh about my mistakes…all while being loyal.

No comments: