Friday, January 4, 2019

Bishop Smishop

I struggle with this man.

He on one occasion told the group that I just spoke to, that the talks are..."a bit deep and boring."

He has also made not one, not two, but three separate comments about my attire in the same 30 minutes...it obviously made him either uncomfortable or he just didn't like it...so he made unnecessary and rather shallow comments to draw attention to me...Bishop Smishop, we are both in our 40's and don't have any kind of friendship...you don't get to tease or give me a rough time infront of my peers, players, friends or family. I disliked the comment and made no secret that I didn't care for his comment by my glare and stare.

Mingled between all these other episodes of "Bishop needs Control" he asked me to pray about a new Decons Quorum President...basically someone already in our small group to lead meeting and help the advisors.  I actually gave this some pretty serious thought, prayed about it and decided that a calling to a certain boy would not only help his immediate development, but confidence in things spiritual.  It would also bring blessings to him and his family...on 3 occasions he asked me to reconsider and on the final request I relented and said I would be comfortable with whomever he choose.  So he decided to call his own son into that position...because it was his turn.  Okay...whatever.

Today, he continue to push his own wants and need over a simple protocol of wearing a entrance bracelet for a basketball game...he made a silly tussle over putting it on and did so with gusto. 

It's obvious to me that I have a whittling testimony regarding anything and all things regarding the people of the church.  BUT...that is a different post.

Man, I hate going to church just b/c I don't want to have ANY kind of interaction with him.

No comments: