Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Jimmy - worthwhile


Yesterday I received text yesterday from Jimmy…Dave King, with the attached picture reading, “How do you like me now!!!”

Of course, I replied, “I freaking love this!!! I wish I would have known!!!”

As I started to think of his journey towards going to the temple and getting sealed, I couldn’t help but think this is what matters…pursuing the goal of being sealed and then working together towards exaltation.

And as I review my life, I realized that I have this blessing and I really need to appreciate it more. Although Lindsey and I are no longer together, we are sealed to our beautiful kids for time and eternity…being worthy of this blessing is worth every effort to stay on the path of righteousness.

At the same time, always looking towards the horizon and seeking companionship…

It goes back to the principle of accountability that I was studying earlier this year. To really get the most out of your progression, it helps to have outside influences to keep us accountable. From my notes I have this list (who we should be most accountable to)

1. Heavenly Father – Faith

2. Spouse/companion

3. Children

4. Parents/Family

5. Employer/employees/co-workers

6. Neighborhood/community/country

7. Health/wellness/mind/body/soul

8. Coach/teacher/therapist/mentor

9. Environment/nature/life

We have been taught that there is a triangle between the relationship between ourselves, our spouse, and our Heavenly Father. The ideal plan is, the closer you move toward Heavenly Father, the close you move to your spouse. The closer you move toward your spouse, the close you get to Heavenly Father.

I appreciated Jimmy sharing this with me, I’m excited for him. He finished with…

“I have never felt so small and insignificant yet 10 foot tall and on top of the world at the same time.”

Looking forward to having those feelings again…soon.

No comments: