Saturday, August 21, 2021

Week review - goooooood week

Reviewing this last week I want to think about things that happened; where the Lord made his presence known, a time where I have failed, and opportunity to grow and an overall feeling how the week went.

Where I failed...Tuesday, we were moving gas volumes from one processing plant to another plant & placing both of those plants into recovery mode. Which is to say, simple with experience, yet tricky if things are not lining up. To make a long and complicated story short, I spent too much focus on starting a system in both plants and ignored a medium level alarm on the refrigeration system. The first time I looked at the alarm, I mentally dismissed it as minor and “chattering.” As it continued, I got annoyed...looked at the screen with the alarm and didn’t notice anything concerning.

Without looking at the screens that affected that flow both upstream and downstream, I didn’t understand or realize there was much more going on. I exhausted the initial system and flooded everything downstream without knowing about it. My lack of understanding that system could have cost the company thousands and thousands of dollars.

At that moment, I wanted to walk out and never come back. I was embarrassed and ashamed that I didn’t know what I was doing. A few days later, I can acknowledge that it was a great learning experience and understand further how to troubleshoot issues. I failed, but have valuable experience.

The opportunity to grow continued at work. The more they leave me alone in the control room, the more I am forced to learn how to navigate the system. Where I can borrow pressure, temperature, and use it to create better gas, or more liquids. I realized how much I took for granted the time this last spring, I’ve only been focusing the last few weeks...and for that I should be reprimanded...or at least have a serious talk with.

I had a great experience in the temple this week...I really need to continue making this a weekly thing. The sacrifice of 5+ hours to drive and spend, has proven both valuable, productive and uplifting. Something that I heard for the first time, God took from man a rib, made he a woman...she to be a helpmate, but did not say for man to be a helpmate to her…??? Also, heard with a clear mind, and the spirit testified to me the promises and blessings during the session...I wish I could put more here so I can remember it and revisit it often, but that’s what will happen with more visits. I know I can be better, be more, have more faith...be more obedient...sacrifice for my faith...sacrifice for patience, sacrifice for humility...sacrifice for love. His hand has been there all week.

Good week and hopeful for the same this coming week. I’ll work 5 days, 12 hour shifts, hike Mt. Timp Friday night/Saturday morning, Star Valley temple Saturday afternoon...and sometime, move my bus? If that all happens...it will be almost perfect.

No comments: