Sunday, July 31, 2022

Going back to the Heat Box...I love it

 Well, as long as my background check and drug test come back clean, I'll be a resident of Arizona in a short while.  The positives win in a landslide.

  • Being close to Castle & Roman
    • attending events, concerts, competitions, etc
    • having more impact on thier development & growth
    • holidays, vacations, & breaks
  • Better work schedule; no holidays, weekends, or night...but I will be on-call.
  • More access to personal relationships, friendships, and social life
  • No more living in snow
  • Ability to actively participate in my faith
  • Access to hobbies & entertainment that fit my lifestyle
The only downsides to going to back Arizona is being away from Mom & Dad and the cost of living in Arizona...it's going to be expensive.  But the plan I have will work.  

On another note, last Wednesday...the 20th, Dad got all serious and wanted to tell me something...and it sounded serious.  He proceeded to tell me he didn't know how much more time he had, but wanted to tell me that he loved me and loved being my dad.  It's was a special moment, sincere and heartfelt.  It will be difficult to regret the last 6 years being close to and growing my relationship with Dad...there been more trust and memorable moments together.  Even though Mom and I have butted heads the last few weeks, it's been nice to connect in a different way. 

No comments: