Friday, July 1, 2022

I don't want to adult this decision

In the next 2 weeks I will interview for two different positions...one that will allow me to work straight days, no weekends, limit my income, and remain in Kemmerer...potentially for the remainder of my career.  The second position will take me back to Arizona, work days, no weekends, limit my income, raise my cost of living, be closer to my children and potentially slow my financial plan.

There's no real way to weigh the pros & cons of these decisions.  I've been giving it so much thought that I'm really struggling.  If I move back to Arizona, I get to be close to my kids and have regular interaction, my social life sky rockets.  If I stay here, my cost of living will stay low, allowing me to save & invest more.  Going to Arizona, I'll need to budget and find a healthy side hustle.  Staying in Kemmerer I have accepted being single and my companion will be adventure & season ski pass to Beaver Mountain.  

Buying a house in the Phoenix area is not going to happen with the wages I will make from this position, so I'll need to find a realistic side hustle that can bring me $10k-20k extra a year??  Selling mattresses? Delivery? Remodeling? Turo?

If I stay in Kemmerer for 2-3 more years, I'll have to stay with Williams.  When I get over 50 years old, I'll be un-hirable.  There's no doubt, it's tilted to Arizona...but the cost of living is a big weight to consider.  I've been looking at places to live...rent is going to be $1300-$2000 a month...then utilities on top of that?  I'm just not sure how I'm going to make that work?  

First step is to interview and see what comes back?

No comments: