Thursday, August 4, 2022

conflicted...

Leaving Wyoming means leaving my parents and the possibility that I may never see one of them alive again?  Pops has not been feeling well lately and Mom is burning herself out with over working herself and stressing. 

I'm conflicted b/c they don't have a good relationship.  I know that I have a healthier relationship with my dad, but most of it exists on the surface.  Mom is complicated and stressed with expectations.  Dad is tired, worn out, and doesn't have a lot of drive to live out the rest of his life...he's kind of waiting?  Mom, constantly is nesting and stresses when others don't align with that.  She doesn't treat herself well, or has confidence when Dad is around.  Most of the siblings can talk and enjoy time around Dad and Mom resents that.  She also resented that about Grandma...she wants that same thing, but involves herself and interjects herself into things with the intention of approval rather than discourse and balance.  Her sensitivity is another person in the room.

I'm conflicted...on how to say goodbye, how to leave for Arizona and leave in good graces, how to stay connected while I'm in Arizona, how to stay involved, how to be supportive and not come across as ungrateful. 


No comments: