Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Leaving Williams...

The heart going back to Arizona all hinges on what is in Arizona and has nothing to do with elements in Wyoming or working for Williams.  

BUT...

I would have never started looking if I felt like things were going in the right direction, it was an environment I was enjoying, and felt appreciated for my efforts and contributions.

I'm disappointed and confused today...not one supervisor or manager gave me well wishes, a good luck, or any other type of acknowledgment about me leaving Williams.  I don't know if it's the status quo or if they truly are upset about me leaving?  I have to look at only what I know...

If I'm honest with myself, I haven't been happy here for a while and my attitude and attention to being the best operator I can, was not yoked with what I'm capable of.  I always thought myself as one of the better hands here at the Opal plant, but I've been moody, isolated, closed off, and bratty to most everyone.  

I'm confused that not one of them said anything...

Now I need to look at what I can do better with the next step.  Have a better attitude.  Be honest with what I bring to the table.  Don't expect a pat on the back for doing my job.  Exceed expectations about my abilities, learning my job, and executing.  Be happy for myself, be happy for others and be optimistic about life.

No comments: