Saturday, February 19, 2022

Shawshank...hope

Red: "What are you talking about?"

Andy: "Hope."

Red: "Hope...Let me tell you something, my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane. It's got no use on the inside. Better get use to the idea.

Andy: "Like Brooks did?"

The movie continues on to the end after the "Redemption." 

Andy writes a letter to Red...

Andy: [in a letter] "Remember, Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.  I will be hoping that this letter finds you, a finds you well."

I HOPE that for all the things I've done wrong as a father, I'm also doing enough to tell me kids that I love and want the best for them.

I HOPE for all my short-comings, mistakes, and sins, that my constant desire to be faithful, never giving up, and always wanting to return to my father will be considered.

I HOPE that me acknowledging my temper, my criticism, passive-aggressive nature will help me over come those negative characteristics.

I HOPE with all the financial mistakes and damage that I've put myself into, I can somehow recover and do what I need to do have a future and possible retirement.

I HOPE I can be the person I've always wanted to be, kind, motivated, fun, faithful, and overall healthy.

The movie ends with...

Red:

    "I hope I can make it across the border...I hope to see my friend and shake his hand...I hope the Pacific ocean is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope."



No comments: